SECG comprises coastal managers, planners and others with a knowledge of shoreline management from Welsh and English local authorities as well as from Natural Resource Wales and the Environment Agency.
Sub-groups and additional members
- The group may co-opt additional members, who need not be members of any of the authorities or corporate bodies otherwise represented on the group.
- Sub-groups may be formed to examine specific issues or topics as required by the group.
Other relevant organisations
The Severn Estuary Partnership – SEP hosts and provides Secretariat services to SECG
Other Coastal Groups
- The North Devon and Somerset Coastal Group (NDASCG) which promotes sustainable shoreline management along the North Devon and Somerset coast from Hartland Point to Anchor Head
- The Swansea and Carmarthen Bay Coastal Engineering Group which promotes sustainable shoreline management along the South Wales coast from Lavernock Point to St Ann’s Head (Pembs)
- A complete list of SMP coastal groups around England and Wales